Saturday, 9 August 2014

SensatioNail by Nailene - REVIEW -

So today I have a great product I'm going to be reviewing!
- I'd like to add I've only used this once as it isn't something that can be used day after day so my first trial of this was the other day and I am just learning so it is a little messy.
- I'd also like to apologize for the lighting and background of where I have these items, the weather is being super strange today so I had to use flash as there was no light! and I currently don't really have a background/backdrop to set up my items so for the moment I'm using my laptop and my bed, this doesn't decrease the awesomeness of the products I am reviewing though!

So lets get started!

I picked up the SensatioNail Starter Kit in Scarlet Red for around $67 from Priceline, I purchased this first from Target for $90 and an hour later saw Priceline had them cheaper so I most certainly went and got my money back, the same thing happened with the separate nail colours you can buy, I didn't bother to take it back and buy from Priceline the difference was only about $4.

In the starter kit you receive the following items; Gel cleanser, gel primer, colour gel polish, gel base & top coat, lint-free wipes, double-sided nail buffer, manicure stick and a SensatioNail 7w LED Lamp.
I purchased an extra polish colour, and when you do that you get the gel colour and a manicure stick.

I've only ever had my nails done in a salon by professionals and I've usually never had a gel manicure like this, this is more simple, it doesn't add length but it does make your nails harder and sturdier plus you get a nail colour that should last you up to two weeks according to the starter kit box, I'll post after 2 weeks is up on how I felt they lasted.

I chose the colour Scarlet Red as I never really wear red and I'm really impressed with the colour it's not too dark and it's not too bright, I'd compare it too the Coke a Cola label read. I was feeling a little overwhelmed, thinking I couldn't do these nails myself, how do I know what to do? I've never done this before, it looks soo hard, but in all honesty it really wasn't that hard, I was a little confused at work with a few things which I'll explain further. I was really happy to open the box and find there was a step by step process which helped me a great deal!

So the SensatioNail Starter Kit comes with a mini step by step guide on how to do your nails, I started doing this, one of the steps told me to apply gel primer and let air dry which I did for about 3 minutes I touched my nails and they had gone sticky/tacky so I left them to dry for a little longer thinking maybe I'd put too much product on, I think after nearly 10 minutes they were still tacky and sticky so I just decided to go ahead onto the next steps and my nails were fine! the last step where you need to use the lint-free wipes with the gel cleanser they didn't mention again that your nails would be sticky/tacky and that once you remove the top layer they are fine and you are left with dry nails, I think for someone who has no idea about gel and gel nails this was a little daunting at first and maybe it's not as such with people who do their own nails and know what is up with the tacky and stickyness, but I'd just have liked a little more information. My nails turned out fine which I'm happy about!

The colour pay off is great for the Scarlet Red, in the instruction it says to do two coats and cap the nail, I have no idea how to cap the nail without covering my finger so I skipped that and so far I don't see why I really needed to, maybe the reason will show in a few more days. So far I am so really happy with this product I wish I could do my nails again already!

Photos! again sorry about lighting and background!








My nails are messy! I am only just starting out!!  












No comments:

Post a Comment