So last night I was scrolling through my instagram (http://instagram.com/jessika_sky) newsfeed and came across a posting from Brontie about ModelCo, she and a few other expressed their extreme dislike for this brand, Brontie messaged me and told me a few reasons why she disliked this brand so much and also linked me to another blog where more people were expressing dislike and hate, and I was actually really interested in all this hate as I actually found out that I have an eyeshadow trio from ModelCo (I wasn't too sure if it was actually that brand or another I usually just grab whatever eyeshadow colour I'm after for the day and go for it) which I had actually been using and seemed to not have any problems with, as with using one of their fiber lash mascara's a long time ago.
I actually got the eyeshadow and fiber mascara with a Cleo or Cosmopolitain magazine yonks ago, maybe like 2 years now, and I know it's not sanitary to keep reaaaally old eyeshadows, mascaras etc but I found this trio was still working for me and giving me good colours and pigmentation, I'd long used the mascara and was actually going to get another but it was really expensive at the time, the mascara was Fiber Lash Brush on False Lashes.
I'm not saying I love or hate this brand as I've really only used two products, but I will say the two products I used I didn't actually mind, I'm thinking I might trial out one of their lippys or a mascara who knows lol, but the eyeshadow trio I have actually retails for $26! I think that is just a little much for 3 colours, although they are nice and pigmented I think maybe $10 for the trio would be more acceptable. Here is a link to the eyeshadow trio, Mine is in the colour "Bronzed Goddess" ModelCo Eyeshadow Trio.
The 3 colours in this trio are actually really nice, I found the brown isn't as sparkly as the first two. I really love the first colour as you can tell!
I have 3 swatches of the colours, with flash of a camera on, outside but not directly in sunlight and then in sunlight.
With flash
Outside but not in direct sunlight
In sunlight
Now I have actually created a kind of everyday neutral look (for me anyway, I pretty much wear this everyday) using these three colours,
I took the second colour which is the pinkish toned colour and put all over my lid, I used the dark brown colour in my outer V I then put the first colour, in the middle of my lid, in between the dark brown and pink colour, and blended, I feel that doing this makes your eyes really pop and look bright. You may or may not be able to tell I have done this.
I hope you all enjoyed this review/ makeup look!
I actually got the eyeshadow and fiber mascara with a Cleo or Cosmopolitain magazine yonks ago, maybe like 2 years now, and I know it's not sanitary to keep reaaaally old eyeshadows, mascaras etc but I found this trio was still working for me and giving me good colours and pigmentation, I'd long used the mascara and was actually going to get another but it was really expensive at the time, the mascara was Fiber Lash Brush on False Lashes.
I'm not saying I love or hate this brand as I've really only used two products, but I will say the two products I used I didn't actually mind, I'm thinking I might trial out one of their lippys or a mascara who knows lol, but the eyeshadow trio I have actually retails for $26! I think that is just a little much for 3 colours, although they are nice and pigmented I think maybe $10 for the trio would be more acceptable. Here is a link to the eyeshadow trio, Mine is in the colour "Bronzed Goddess" ModelCo Eyeshadow Trio.
The 3 colours in this trio are actually really nice, I found the brown isn't as sparkly as the first two. I really love the first colour as you can tell!
I have 3 swatches of the colours, with flash of a camera on, outside but not directly in sunlight and then in sunlight.
With flash
Outside but not in direct sunlight
In sunlight
Now I have actually created a kind of everyday neutral look (for me anyway, I pretty much wear this everyday) using these three colours,
I took the second colour which is the pinkish toned colour and put all over my lid, I used the dark brown colour in my outer V I then put the first colour, in the middle of my lid, in between the dark brown and pink colour, and blended, I feel that doing this makes your eyes really pop and look bright. You may or may not be able to tell I have done this.
I hope you all enjoyed this review/ makeup look!










No comments:
Post a Comment